Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breastfeeding and pregnant

Options
  • 15-05-2013 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so going unregistered because I'm way too embarassed to have to ask this: my baby is 10months and I am still nursing her. I had my first period 7 weeks ago and none since. Did 2 tests last week and one yesterday all negitive but they were all done in the middle of the day. Then I did one this morning and it was positive... Can breastfeeding give a false positive? I know go to GP is obvious answer but honestly I'm really embarassed to go in and say i don't know if i'm pregnant or not! Should I not be getting a very obvious positive at this stage if I was?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I wouldn't think breastfeeding could give a false positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

I wouldn't think so either. Don't be embarrassed I'm pregnant with number 2 and still breastfeeding dd. Hadn't a clue I was pregnant only doctor decided to do a test I'd say it happens more than we think! Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

A woman I know had that happen not once, but twice! Came back to work still breast feeding #1, not realising she was pregnant on #2...... Then did the exact same when she returned to work after having #2! So I'd say its quite common.... Off to the doc with you, and it sounds like congratulations are in order :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Breastfeeding definitely does not give a false positive... Congrats ;)

Advertisement