Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Department gives too much information?

Options
  • 15-05-2013 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭

The Department of Public Expenditure has started a blog its calling "As PER"

As PER? They explain
    http://per.gov.ie/departmental-blog/

The name of the blog is a play on words; writing as PER (Public Expenditure and Reform) the blog will respond to commentary as per media outlets in Ireland and internationally. The blog will also keep you, our reader, informed of the work PER undertakes as per the Programme for Government and the Department’s Statement of Strategy
    Oh, I see. I think.

But that's not all I learned
    A lot of people think that yin and yang are two opposing forces but interestingly, these two forces, seemingly opposed, are in fact complementary. After all, shade cannot exist without light.

As per that philosophy, public and private sector, often depicted as rivals, are today, under the stewardship of my Department, developing new and exciting partnerships.
    I suppose light could exist without shade, but that's probably not the point. I'm not actually too sure what point they want to make, but I certainly appreciate that they are taking the time to reach out to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Probably it will save them money to put as much info up that could be subject to Freedom of Information requests. Less staff (whose numbers have been reduced) time searching for information requested if it's already available and public don't have to make FOI requests for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

This is what happens when you ask a committee to write a pun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

did Robert Watt write that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Ireland is joining the Open Government Partnership.
    This is good news basically it means that as much public sector data as possible will be published in open formats for use for any reason. Less FOI requests but also business opportunities and more transparency.
    If you're good with a database and app development get ready.

Advertisement