Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

container size for planting ivy

Options
  • 15-05-2013 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I was hoping to plant some Boston or Virginia creeper on the front of my house. The plan is to put them in containers to stop them becoming too pervasive. My question is what size container should be looking for to get an 8/10 ft spread pair plant? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,258 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have a virginia creeper in a container the size of an oil drum, and it is making almost no progress at all, after about 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rubberducky1888

Anybody have any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

looksee wrote: »
    I have a virginia creeper in a container the size of an oil drum, and it is making almost no progress at all, after about 10 years.
    Mine took about 10 years to establish but it's in full soil. Be careful what you wish for. Mine is now growing at an alarming pace and is overwhelming the shed. I think the past few years' weather might have held them back.

Advertisement