Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40" Full HD Samsung €400

Options
  • 15-05-2013 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭

Just got an email from pixmania with this offer it expires on the 17th, but it may be of use to someone in the market for a new TV.

Link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Actually 40"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

it's 40"
    12R4Cfk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭lau1247

can't blame the OP, the email that came in did say 50".. I noted that when I got to the website.. misleading to say the least in terms of tactics from pixmania..

most people here seems to have trouble with them in the past so not that big a problem :P

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Sorry guys didn't realize it was a 40"

I hadn't clicked through, i just copied the link out of the email and posted it up here

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Time wrote: »
    Sorry guys didn't realize it was a 40"

I hadn't clicked through, i just copied the link out of the email and posted it up here

i posted same offer up earlier and made the same mistake :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Paid just over 430€ for this telly 9 months ago, no problems loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

it says its only 50Hz which doesnt seem liek a very good refresh rate TBH does the TV suffer from motion blur when watching football or sport in general?

in saying that i have a samsung 32" TV and it has the best media player i've seem in almost any TV, it will play almost anything you can throw at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

chopsey wrote: »
    it says its only 50Hz which doesnt seem liek a very good refresh rate TBH does the TV suffer from motion blur when watching football or sport in general?

I have a 50Hz Samsung which is a good TV, and fine for Xbox (which maxes out at 60Hz) but my next TV will definitely be min 100Hz, or better yet 200Hz.

The difference is quite considerable and ignore anyone who says otherwise.

For watching sports you certainly would appreciate a higher refresh rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

mrcheez wrote: »
    The difference is quite considerable and ignore anyone who says otherwise.

BS. With LCD TVs refresh rate == frame rate. There aren't any sources on television which broadcast higher than 60 fps, i.e anything more than 60HZ and you're wasting money for marketing BS. What you want is a higher response time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

BS. With LCD TVs refresh rate == frame rate. There aren't any sources on television which broadcast higher than 60 fps, i.e anything more than 60HZ and you're wasting money for marketing BS. What you want is a higher response time.

The reason why people seek out 100Hz TVs is because they handle fast motion better than 50Hz TVs due to offering Motion interpolation.

Anyway, and not to start a discussion, plasma TVs handle motion better but tend to not be as bright as LCDs; both technologies have their pros and cons so anyone looking at the TV in the OP should bear this in mind.

• Advertisement

Rsaeire wrote: »
    The reason why people seek out 100Hz TVs is because they handle fast motion better than 50Hz TVs due to offering Motion interpolation.

Anyway, and not to start a discussion, plasma TVs handle motion better but tend to not be as bright as LCDs; both technologies have their pros and cons so anyone looking at the TV in the OP should bear this in mind.

That's a completely different thing, marketed as refresh rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

That's a completely different thing, marketed as refresh rate.

I didn't mention refresh rate, I was simply referring to why people seek out 100Hz TVs given that they have the Motion interpolation feature. I know advertising can be ridiculous, sure just look at how some plasmas are advertised with a 600Hz Sub-Field Drive Rate in order to complete with similarly advertised LCDs.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I didn't mention refresh rate, I was simply referring to why people seek out 100Hz TVs given that they have the Motion interpolation feature. I know advertising can be ridiculous, sure just look at how some plasmas are advertised with a 600Hz Sub-Field Drive Rate in order to complete with similarly advertised LCDs.

100Hz refers to the refresh rate unless it refers to a marketing term whereby it loses all meaning because it's tied to a particular brand. Read the wiki article you posted, some companies use '100Hz' to mean motion interpolation, this is not a standard term.

whatever... ok to appease the pedantics I meant "higher Hz" then

Anyway as a layperson I can clearly tell the difference between a 50Hz and 100Hz tv when watching the same program side-by-side.

I was told that the difference is not noticeable between 50Hz and 100Hz (i.e. no difference when watching sporting events) and this is blatantly "BS".

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Kerry_2008

Good deal with Pixmania but, I won't buy anything from them. I have ordered items in the past and not once I have received it. Waited about a month to be told the item is out of stock etc. No problem with that but, when your buying for Christmas or birthdays its a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

mrcheez wrote: »
    whatever... ok to appease the pedantics I meant "higher Hz" then

It's pedants.

:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 NiThigim

It's pedants.

THAT'S pedantic(s)

NiThigim wrote: »
    THAT'S pedantic(s)