Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus to Liffey Valley

Options
  • 15-05-2013 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

I'm relocating to Dublin and will be living in Islandbridge, along a bus route to Liffey Valley Shopping Centre. I am wondering which stop to get off at when travelling there, ie. which is closest to the SC. I am looking to avoid the 78 route.

Thanks very much for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Richard Logue

amm89 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm relocating to Dublin and will be living in Islandbridge, along a bus route to Liffey Valley Shopping Centre. I am wondering which stop to get off at when travelling there, ie. which is closest to the SC. I am looking to avoid the 78 route.

Thanks very much for any help.

The 25, 66 and 67 all stop outside Liffey Valley near to the Clarion Hotel if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,603 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Well the 78a no longer exists - it is route 40 now!

Routes 25a and 25b are the fastest (using the Chapelizod bypass) and they stop on St. John's Road opposite Heuston Station and on the Con Colbert Road. They will drop you on the N4 adjacent to Liffey Valley.

Routes 25, 66, 66a, 66b and 67 also operate past Liffey Valley from Conygham Road and Chapelizod Road via Chapelizod village.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mwv

Thanks so much for the speedy responses, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,335 ✭✭✭✭Victor

amm89 wrote: »
    I am wondering which stop to get off at when travelling there, ie. which is closest to the SC.
    You need to get off at Bus Stop No. 2213 - the Liffey Valley footbridge, which is immediately after the M50.

http://binged.it/14oMR4q

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/RTPI/Sources-of-Real-Time-Information/?searchtype=map&searchquery=%2853.355711,-6.39203,2213%29
    Bus Stop No. 2213
    Lucan Road, Liffey Valley

Routes serving this stop:
    25 Towards Lucan (Dodsboro)
    25a Towards Lucan (Esker Church)
    25b Towards Adamstown Rail Station
    25x Towards Lucan
    51d Towards Clondalkin
    66 Towards Maynooth
    66a Towards Leixlip (Captain's Hill)
    66b Towards Leixlip (Castletown)
    66x Towards Maynooth
    67 Towards Maynooth
    67x Towards Celbridge (Salesian College)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 very foggy lad

Best walking public transport is a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,335 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Best walking public transport is a joke.
    Trolls not welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

As Victor says, when you pass over the M50 motorway (6 lanes, you can't miss it), get off at the next stop. Easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Which one goes into the centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭noelfirl

Hilly Bill wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Hilly Bill wrote: »

Which stop?

Stop 2239, directly across from stop 2213 on the other side of the Liffey Valley/N4 footbridge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Which stop?

Stop 2239, directly across from stop 2213 on the other side of the Liffey Valley/N4 footbridge.
    Stop 4715 where the 40 terminates and stop 4795 served by the 76, 76a and 239 in both directions and the 40 towards Finglas are in the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

OP said he/she didn't want to use the 40/78a.

Also from Islandbridge which the 40 doesn't serve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

OP said he/she didn't want to use the 40/78a.

Also from Islandbridge which the 40 doesn't serve.
    Ah yes, the only other option then is the 25's 66's and 67 stopping on the n4 as you stated.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

If you want to go into the Shopping Centre, it is a deceptively long walk from the stop to the centre on the 25s, 66s and 67.

Another option maybe would the 66/66A/66B/67 to the N4 underpass, then the 76 from 'Chapelizod' which should be quiet and goes to the 40 stop. You'd have to time it well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

dfx- wrote: »
    If you want to go into the Shopping Centre, it is a deceptively long walk from the stop to the centre on the 25s, 66s and 67.

Another option maybe would the 66/66A/66B/67 to the N4 underpass, then the 76 from 'Chapelizod' which should be quiet and goes to the 40 stop. You'd have to time it well though.
    It takes 5 mins or less from the bus stop to the nearest SC entrance, so not right beside the stop but probably less time than bus hopping to a 76.
    If you're heading to the Retail park side (B&Q, Argos etc.) then the 76 may be better as that's a 10-15 minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mwv

That's perfect. I don't mind the walk into the retail park, was just unsure of where exactly I should hop off. I reckon I'll save more time with the walk rather than waiting on the routes that go directly to the SC.

Thanks a lot for the replies, great help.

Most definitely stay with the N4 bus routes. The walk is 7 minutes (I've done it many times) from the outbound stop and an extra 3-4 when going over the bridge to come back into town.

Plus you are guaranteed a much more pleasant bus journey!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

lxflyer wrote: »
    Most definitely stay with the N4 bus routes. The walk is 7 minutes (I've done it many times) from the outbound stop and an extra 3-4 when going over the bridge to come back into town.

Plus you are guaranteed a much more pleasant bus journey!

Seconded. I did the N 4 run to Liffey Valley a few weeks ago. Got on a 25A at Aston Quay at 17:50 of a Monday; I got off the bus, walked from the bus and was at the entrance to Vue at 18:15.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

Hiya,

I need to go to the Pirates Village in Liffey Valley this weekend.
    I'm coming from Luas green line so I assume I'll have to go to Stephens Green and grab a bus in city center.

Which bus number should I take and which stop should I get off at to be as close to Pirates Village as possible? (will be with a small toddler and no buggy, so the less walking the better)

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StreetLight

For the minimum amount of walking time, make your way down Grafton Street to College Green for a Number 40 bus to Liffey Valley. It will leave you directly outside the shopping centre at the last stop.

• Advertisement

For the minimum amount of walking time, make your way down Grafton Street to College Green for a Number 40 bus to Liffey Valley. It will leave you directly outside the shopping centre at the last stop.

Easiest option is the 25, 25a, 25b from Dawson Street, outside Hodges Figgis. Get the bus to the stop after the M50 flyover. That will leave you with a 5 minute walk from the entrance to the centre.

You will lose the will to live if you take the 40, as it can take up to 25 minutes longer than the others.

thank you both.

Is the pirate thingy inside the shopping center?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StreetLight

MaudL wrote: »
    thank you both.

Is the pirate thingy inside the shopping center?

Yes, the entrance is on the ground floor in the middle of the centre, near the escalators. Have fun! :)

Thanks a mil :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

lxflyer wrote: »
    Easiest option is the 25, 25a, 25b from Dawson Street, outside Hodges Figgis. Get the bus to the stop after the M50 flyover. That will leave you with a 5 minute walk from the entrance to the centre.
    The 66 and 67 leave from the busstop just down from Hodges, and they also go by same stop at Liffey Valley - but go via Chapelizod so slightly slower. Handy if the 25a or b is 15 minutes away and you're standing around with kids.

hmmm wrote: »
    The 66 and 67 leave from the busstop just down from Hodges, and they also go by same stop at Liffey Valley - but go via Chapelizod so slightly slower. Handy if the 25a or b is 15 minutes away and you're standing around with kids.

No they don't.

They go via Pearse Street.

Advertisement