Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whey Protein

Options
  • 15-05-2013 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just a quick question about how much whey protein I should be taking. Just started using it and at the moment I'm taking one in the morning and one after working out. I'm not fully sure about measurements and how much I should be taking though.
    Everyone else I know taking it seems to be taking more than me and I was just wondering is there any way to know exactly how much I should take.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,502 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Ideally you should be taking 0 as you get all your protein from your diet. Assuming this isnt happening, which is common, you should be taking enough so you get your allocation of protein for the day. Typical recommendations are about 1 gram per pound of bodyweight. Most supplements will come in 30g doses that contain 21-24 grams of protein.

Advertisement