Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

References

Options
  • 15-05-2013 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has been done to death already but I couldn't find much information when I did a search. I'm applying for a volunteer position and as part of the application process they need two references. I have already asked someone from HR in work but I have no idea who to put down for the other one. It says that it can't be family or friends.

I've worked in this job for years, the company I worked for before has gone out of business and before that I was working abroad so I'm kind of at a loose end... A priest would be an obvious choice but the only priest I would have known personally has retired and moved away.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions - hoping that I'm missing out on someone very obvious... :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I'm also interested in this, sorry for the hijack, we have the same question

Applied to SVP. I wanted to work on the helpline and help callers in HQ but the application pack had no mention of that, just all the conferences around the county.
    Most of them looking for people, fair enough

I can get HR in work for a reference but who for the other?

I don't have a sports coach, tbh if I was on a sports team I wouldn't have the free time to volunteer.

I got my current job with only one reference, surely SVP will be happy with just one?

Advertisement