Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Exchange Rates

Options
  • 15-05-2013 7:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi,

Over the last month I have bought a number of sterling items online using my BOI Visa debit and BOI Visa Credit cards. 

What I have found is that there seems to be discrepancies in the exchange rate being charged so I was wondering if the rate is applied from the same source for both cards or if there are different sources applying rates to the different cards? 

Thanks,
    Dermot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Dermot, 

Thanks for your post. 

The rate of exchange is not card specific, i.e. Visa applies the same rate to both Visa Debit and Visa Credit card.
    Exchange rates change all the time, daily at minimum but often more than that so if you made purchases at different times or dates, irrespective of the card, you will be charged different rates. 

I hope this helps.

Billy

Advertisement