Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social welfare payments

Options
  • 15-05-2013 7:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,
    I would like to have real advice on the following:
    My wife is working part time and I am on jobseekers allowance. We have 2kids and we are getting FIS & Rent supplement payments. What I don't know is that if I find a part time job of about less than 30hrs a week, which of the above 3 payments will stop or be affected?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

bambay wrote: »
    Hi,
    I would like to have real advice on the following:
    My wife is working part time and I am on jobseekers allowance. We have 2kids and we are getting FIS & Rent supplement payments. What I don't know is that if I find a part time job of about less than 30hrs a week, which of the above 3 payments will stop or be affected?
    Thanks.
    Your JSA will need a new means test,FIS will remain the same until it is renewed,Rent allowance is also means tested and will be effected.(reduced)Though at 30 hours per week the rent allowance will be lost.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/rent_supplement.html

Advertisement