Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 minute projects for the garden

Options
  • 14-05-2013 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Looking for a good source (websites, books, shop) of simple 30 minute outdoor projects for the ahem ...summer... evenings.

Thinking simple garden games or props or projects to build from scratch or kits and share with a 3 year old who loves tool boxes, saw horses etc . Don't have to be wood-exclusively projects.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭jack of all

I've no links to share but I've made bird boxes and simple planters with my own kids using timber reclaimed from pallets, very simple and cheap way to pass an evening or two in the garden.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Here are some ideas that would be easy to make.

mOtIYTPC32LXEwiD-QgGL2Q.jpg

Sandbox http://perfectsandbox.blogspot.ie/

gardengames-lid-sandpit-big.jpg
    Or this one if your username is anything to go by :)
    largesandsailor.jpg

A simple tree house or hut. "might take a bit more than 30 min's":D http://www.inhabitots.com/a-flatpak-diy-treehouse-anyone-can-build/flatpak-treehouse-5/

flatpikdiytreehouse456.jpg

Go kart building is a dying art :D

OUTDOOR-HIGH.jpg

wagon1.jpg

And my favourite :D

543323_503028326376746_2074217571_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

@jack. Thanks. I get a personal kick out of reusing stuff myself . Have already built a birdhouse, roofed with slates that got blown off one time .

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

@ Fergal. I like the rings game - quick and easy. We're on it !

I did build the sandpit already - decking boards. Boy loved it but keeping it dry was a pain. Sand wrecked floors in the house too. So disassembled now and decking boards are amoung my materials for reuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭jack of all

Some great ideas from fergal.b there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

I like the look of that flat pack tree house **thinks about how to modify to make modular workshop**

Advertisement