Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing background

Options
  • 14-05-2013 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I love taking family photos and have been busy with Communions. Now I have nice portrait type photos but with coloured backgrounds. What can any one out there suggest to change background that would be easy to use. Was looking at fotoflexer but it just won't work out for me. Dont have photoshop and am so amateurish that i couldnt justify buying it and anyway might be too difficult

So would be delighed to get some advice. Hv these nice photos now but they just look all wrong in comparison to ones with a nice plain white background. I have painted walls and radiators!!!
    Tks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

I don't know much but I think the Photoshop "pen tool" would really be the only way to do it other than shooting with a plain background to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

If you've shot them against an ordinary wall with rads and that then whiteing out the background is never going to look totally right. You can do it in PS or even Photoshop Elements but I think you might be better to go with what you have and next time move furniture or whatever to get a plain wall to shoot against.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭inkedpt

you can do it on GIMP. It's similar to photoshop but free. You can download it from here and look for some tutorials on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭vandriver

There is a new browser based app called www.clippingmagic.com that might do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 saracenpro

on photoshop you can use the quick selection tool to remove people from a back round by selecting the person or persons with the toll i mentioned earlier and inverse it then delete the backround or use magic eraser tool ,hope this helps .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭leche solara

saracenpro wrote: »
    on photoshop you can use the quick selection tool to remove people from a back round by selecting the person or persons with the toll i mentioned earlier and inverse it then delete the backround or use magic eraser tool ,hope this helps .

The OP has said they don't have photoshop, and does not intend to get it

Advertisement