Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

staying at home to study

Options
  • 14-05-2013 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

So i m planning on staying maybe tommorow but definity friday coz its sports day but for those who do take days off how do u work it do u do it like school timetable or what just some guide so i can get the best of it thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Jeongeum wrote: »
    So i m planning on staying maybe tommorow but definity friday coz its sports day but for those who do take days off how do u work it do u do it like school timetable or what just some guide so i can get the best of it thanks

Personally i don't stay at home because i get too distracted but if it is a sports day etc your probably right to stay home but you should definitely make some kind of plan to avoid time wasting

• Registered Users Posts: 29 nunchuks

i wish i could take my own advice but really the best job is to turn off the internet.

what i try to do is just see how far i can get in the exam papers and work from where i have difficulty then, obviously this isn't for every subject but it works well enough for sciene/maths kind of subjects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

I've been doing this since the start of May and I'm happy I decided to stay at home cos' it's turning out to be pretty productive :) The best plan is just to have a list of topics to get done and just tick them off as you do them. If you're like me at all then this will actually be really good motivation :p I don't really measure my study by time, just by the topics I have got done. Once I'm done, I'm done. Some days that could be 6 in the evening or it could be half 10 but once you feel you have enough done that's the important thing. Like there's no need to study for 10 hours everyday just for the sake of it :)

Also, try not to turn on your laptop before 6/7 in the evening because once it's on you will use it, regardless of how much willpower you have :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Colinoneill

Anyone else have a problem with loads of teachers being out or late or not doing much in class? Sometimes there's barely any point coming in, better off studying on my own

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Anyone else have a problem with loads of teachers being out or late or not going much in class? Sometimes there's barely any point coming in, better off studying on my own

Yeah very same problem in my school, Kinda feels like TY all over again, I had 5 free classes yesterday so i'm taking the rest of the week off to study at home :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Plenty of people in my school are staying at home to study. Though I'm not gonna lie to myself that I can study properly at home. I'd rather just go in and listen to what the teachers have to say, it's all exam foused by now anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

Yeah your plan is to go study at home.. but the problem with that is you may decide to study at home and may end up just hopping on your computer or something else will crop up :) But if its a sports day, you should go ahead stay at home, make use of the day though

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lonepiper

If you're finding it too hard to study at home,go to a library,most of them have desks for students to study on and there's not as many distractions there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I'd say go for it. Teachers have the course covered by now. Practice those exam questions until you have them off. Was awfully sorry I bothered going in to school during my last few weeks.

Advertisement