Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I eligble for jobseekers allowance/welfare

Options
  • 14-05-2013 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭

I can't navigate through the state's site to find the info I want or contact them, basically I've been in college all year and finished yesterday, I've been handing in cv's etc throughout the year but with no luck. Am I eligible for welfare ? I've heard different things about waiting 3 months and things like that, My mother doesn't work and my father does, but we don't earn a whole lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Hi,

If you are available for and seeking full time work, then you're probably eligible. You'll need an official letter from the college stating your finish date.

Read the stickies at the top in the state benefits forum about jsa and jsb. How old you are may affect how much you be entitled to.

Good luck with the job hunt.

Advertisement