Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

address to claim the dole?

Options
  • 14-05-2013 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

hi,
    my job has been terminated 2 months ago but i still didn't claim for the dole as I think i could find something else quiclky but its not the case.
    Im actually living in a friend's house who is getting the social welfare as he's unemployed.
    I wanted to claim the dole but he doesn't feel secure if i give his address as he's under the benefits and think they can cut his money.
    the question is :can I give to the social welfare office any address or do i have to give the correct address to receive the card that
    will allow me to claim the dole every week?

Thank you for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You have to give the correct address, they can call to your house.

YOu need bills in your name to your house.

If your friend is not claiming rent allowance or disability then he should get cut, your not co-habiting, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭holidays1805

Thanks for the answer.

He's claiming the rent allowance.

I'm not co-habiting, just staying here for a short while.

I left my appartment 2 months ago and I gave another address from a friend for the mobile bill pay as he didn't want have any bills on my name in his house.

The problem is the other friend left his appartment to live with his girlfriend and the mobile bill is still on this address.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

All you need is proof of address in the form of a letter from your friend stating you are living there with him, you will have to contribute 30 towards the rent. You are better off being up front. Your friend won't be cut. You are Only staying there until you get a place of your own, just tell them that

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭holidays1805

thanks for the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I cant see how they will not cut his rent allowance?

• Advertisement
Advertisement