Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Darragh Quinn ordered to pay $188m to IBRC

Options
  • 14-05-2013 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭

Quinn ordered to pay $188m over his role in stripping Quinn assets from the Quinn property group. This, along with 3 Russian companies ordered to pay €252m, $239m and $201 over their role in the scheme, leads to a good pay day for the IBRC.

I'd be surprised if any of them even pay half of what they've been ordered to (we've probably a better chance of seeing Peter do his 3 months for contempt of court), but still, good to see the courts not afraid to go looking for some money from these folk.

Linky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭kippy

More likely to see sh1te from a rocking horse than any of those sums of money.

At least the judgements were made. There'll be plenty Quinn followers up in arms about it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Justice Peter Kelly might as well have made it against me !!
    Edit: I thought it was for $188:)

Advertisement