Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good deal for a laptop?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BobCobb

I'm no expert but...

I think that you could get a better processor for the same money.
    Amazon.de is cheaper than .co.uk, and has, for example, an i5 acer for 400e (i think you have to wait for a month or two to get it though, not sure why).

There's also an i5 lenovo, (n581 though, not the g580) for 430e.
    You could get a pentium acer for about 300 too I think.

The keyboard markings will be slightly different I think but you could fix that with a few stickers sure!
    Also, some of the better value computers there come with linux or dos rather than windows, which could be a good or bad thing depending on your pov.

Anyway, shop around...laptopsdirect, saveonlaptops have probly got slightly cheaper comps than amazon.co.uk.
    There's plenty of good advice in this forum too...

Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BreakingBadLad

BobCobb wrote: »
    I'm no expert but...

I think that you could get a better processor for the same money.
    Amazon.de is cheaper than .co.uk, and has, for example, an i5 acer for 400e (i think you have to wait for a month or two to get it though, not sure why).

There's also an i5 lenovo, (n581 though, not the g580) for 430e.
    You could get a pentium acer for about 300 too I think.

The keyboard markings will be slightly different I think but you could fix that with a few stickers sure!
    Also, some of the better value computers there come with linux or dos rather than windows, which could be a good or bad thing depending on your pov.

Anyway, shop around...laptopsdirect, saveonlaptops have probly got slightly cheaper comps than amazon.co.uk.
    There's plenty of good advice in this forum too...

Good luck with it!

Thanks, appreciated

Advertisement