Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isolated Teen Lesbian!

Options
  • 14-05-2013 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm only 17 and left school a few years ago due to personal problems so I lost all my friends, and became isolated up until this year. (Still kind of am). During that time of self isolation I realised I was a lesbian. I didn't have a good reception from family, and still don't, after telling them but tbh I don't care about what they think anymore, I'm used to their queer/dyke jibes, even though I'm feminine, but in a grungy/rocker/punk clothed style sense. Anyways, my point is because of this, I can't seem to find any locally gay people (drogheda/louth) and it's starting to become frustrating, I have no idea how to find them as I haven't developed ''gaydar,'' can't go to pubs and clubs, my town seems to be really homophobic and Dublin, in terms of money, is too far of a stretch for me, I have no idea where to go from here.

Also, I'd like to add that if I ever do meet a girl that I'm interested in I'm afraid of the idea of ''chatting her up,'' (which would turn out to be painfully embarrassing/awkward because I have no flirting skills), incase I freak her out if a girl turns out to be straight, or incase she's not interested. I mean how do you deal with it/go about it? Sorry if it's too much to answer, I just need a little help or push and can't seem to get it on a personal level. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

It's a shame you had a bad response from your family, but you're right not to let it get you down.

It is a huge relief to talk to other gay people in the same situation, so do try and find some.

http://www.belongto.org/groups.aspx?gclid=CP3Ij4vLlbcCFeXItAodTxQAjQ#Louth

Email - youth@outcomers.org

^ That link from BelongTo has groups listed for Louth. B2, and groups like it, are professional and I think you should try emailing them.

I'm no expert in chatting up woman... or really anyone :o
    But, I think this is just one of those things you annoy yourself with. I never thought I'd kiss another lad, but that happened eventually!

You're only 17, but that's good. You're young. I couldn't have even told anyone I'm gay when I was 17, so you're at a good stage in life to explore your sexuality.

Hope that response helps you a bit, and hope you're not feeling too bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,924 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement