Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work from Home - Tracker Mortgage

Options
  • 14-05-2013 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Guys,

I have recently been offered new job and if I get it, I have the option to work from home. I would have to put a desk in one of the bedrooms to use as an office. I work in computers. However, I was wondering, will having a home office in the house and working from home affect my tracker mortgage?

Thanks,
    Brian.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Brian,

Thanks for posting. 

If you call the Mortgage Advisor in your branch, he/she can help with your query. 
    A full list of branch contact numbers can be found here

I hope this helps.

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bpowerie

Hi Billy,

Surely there is a hard and fast rule here!! Either it is or isn't? Working on a computer at home, not using any stock or anything.

Do I really have to call a mortgage advisor?

regards,
    Brian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Brian, 

It shouldn't effect it but without a full conversation, I'm afraid we can't give a definitive answer.
    A Mortgage Advisor will be able to help. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

If it were me, I wouldn't think it necessary to ask anyone.  People work from home (on a temporary or permanent basis) all the time, especially in IT.  The house is still your home, you're not moving out and changing the nature of the house to a rental property or fundamentally altering the use of the building.  I wouldn't bother telling the bank, it's none of their business.

Advertisement