Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Work During Springboard

Options
  • 14-05-2013 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

I have been on a Springboard course for 1 year of a 2 year course. I got a job a few months back. Will I now not be able to get the second year of the course under springboard.

After being out of work for a few years there is no way I can afford €5K in fees.

Seems a waste of 1 year.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

- What happens if I get a job while participating on a Springboard course?
    Taking up a job offer must take precedence over participation in a Springboard course, however, higher education providers have been asked to respond with as much flexibility as possible in instances where participants get a job before their course is complete. For example, a college may offer participants the option to study during evenings or at weekends.
    Springboard will also fund the fees for the full academic year during which someone returns to employment. If the course extends into another academic year(s) the amount of fees payable by the participant will be a matter for the higher education provider to determine. Springboard cannot cover the course fees for those in employment.

From here http://www.springboardcourses.ie/Help_FAQ.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

I have completed my first year of a two year springboard course and have just recieved a letter asking me to register for next year and if my employment status has changed they will send me the bill for next year. There is no way I can afford the fees,what are my options. I started my job with 3 weeks to go in the academic year.

Another great example of 0 fecking incentive for people to work.I only started the course because it was funded,really annoyed now because I was on course for an first class honours and the prospects of a better paid job.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tidyweb

I believe there is nothing you can do i.e pay or leave.
    Crazy really - especially if you got the job because of the course you are on

Advertisement