Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor Who Season 33/7 DVDs released to fans too early...

Options
  • 13-05-2013 10:16pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Saw this on BBC News:
    US Doctor Who fans are being urged to keep the plot of Saturday's finale secret after DVDs of the series were sent out early in error.

BBC Worldwide said "a small number" of fans had been sent pre-ordered DVDs three weeks early.

I wonder if all of these fans who have now seen the finale will have the good grace to keep quiet or will one or two just go out and potentially ruin it for everyone else?
    Time to perhaps batten down the spoiler hatches.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yup, has been discussed on the Finale episode thread; I liked the offer the BBC made, that if fans keep quiet a preview of the 50th anniversary story would be offered as recompense.

I'll be sticking to this forum for the next week rather than risk contamination from outside sources!

*loads shotgun, sits at the forum's front-porch*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The lack of it showing up on any torrent/streaming site suggests two things:

a) the BBC are doing a fantastic job keeping it locked-down.

b) Whovians are a fandom unlike so many.

There's also a notion doing a whirl that this 'leak' is some sort of post-modern means of drumming up hype for Saturday. I can't quite figure the logic, but it's out there. Perhaps such fervent anticipation for it leaking may spike the first-run figures come the 18th. Monstrous leap of faith for any marketing squad, let alone one of the most experienced in the trade.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Apparently some arse has been tweeting directly to fans with spoilers. I don't know how true it is because there is absolutely no way that I'm going to google it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yup, has been discussed on the Finale episode thread;
    I'm not even reading that one - no speculation! All I'm going to guess is that his name is actually John Smith :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    The lack of it showing up on any torrent/streaming site suggests two things:

a) the BBC are doing a fantastic job keeping it locked-down.

b) Whovians are a fandom unlike so many.

There's also a notion doing a whirl that this 'leak' is some sort of post-modern means of drumming up hype for Saturday. I can't quite figure the logic, but it's out there. Perhaps such fervent anticipation for it leaking may spike the first-run figures come the 18th. Monstrous leap of faith for any marketing squad, let alone one of the most experienced in the trade.

That's because the very first episode was leaked in 2005 and did no end of good in popularising the return of the series!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

There's a reason I'm staying off facebook and twitter at the moment :D

Advertisement