Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop broke

Options
  • 13-05-2013 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had a problem with their laptop where if you accidentally put the receptacle of a pair of headphones into a the USB slot it shutdowns the laptop and it won't start again. I didn't even put it in roughly. Very stupid/annoying. I've tried pressing the standby button for 20 secs but no joy. Off to a laptop repair shop I go I guess.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Has anyone had a problem with their laptop where if you accidentally put the receptacle of a pair of headphones into a the USB slot it shutdowns the laptop and it won't start again. I didn't even put it in roughly. Very stupid/annoying. I've tried pressing the standby button for 20 secs but no joy. Off to a laptop repair shop I go I guess.

No. Never had that problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Never heard of that problem in my life, I gotta say.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Never heard of that problem in my life, I gotta say.
    You'll never be able to say that again!

About the OP's problem anyway. You can of course say it about any other future problem you hear of for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Have you tried taking the battery out and just powering it from the mains? Might have damaged the battery by shorting it out somehow.

Try unplugging the laptop and removing the battery.
    Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
    Put the battery back in and plug into the mains.
    Try to power it back on.

Advertisement