Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Length of poetry and prose answers in Irish

Options
  • 13-05-2013 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

My Irish teacher says we have to write 3 pages for poetry and prose questions for the Leaving Cert. However my friend's sister and her class for told 1 and a half pages and she got an A.

Please help, I'm really confused?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I'd say 2 to 2.5

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭dcam

One and a half pages is fine. Except I would probably write 2+ pages for your chosen prose e.g. An Triail.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

My Teacher says go for at least 1 and a half pages for prose since its only 30 marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Don't worry about the length! (said the nun to the bishop ;) ) I was always told that you need 12 distinct points, it'll be marked much like a history essay, that they'll just look for those points, it doesn't matter if one point is 2 pages or 5 lines the same marks are going for them!

Advertisement