Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with my laptop

Options
  • 13-05-2013 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Okay, awhile back my laptop started warning me to replace my battery, which I never got round too. The battery is nearly, if not completely gone. Now the problem is the other night I turned -on my laptop and was typing in my password for my account when suddenly the screen went blue with white stripes. I waited then when nothing happened I shut the system down, but now when I turn the laptop on the screen does not come on. Would this be a battery related problem or something more serious? I have a feeling it has nothing to do with the battery but I have to hope. Thanks for the help in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭keithg89

Have you tried removing the battery and plugging in the charger?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Fordie99

keithg89 wrote: »
    Have you tried removing the battery and plugging in the charger?

I have but still the same problem. It would hardly be a virus would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sulc84

When did you bought your laptop ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Fordie99

sulc84 wrote: »
    When did you bought your laptop ?

About 2-3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sulc84

That is your main problem.Battery capacity down during times,until you get replace your battery message,you need new battery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Make/model?
    Seems unlikely a bad battery would prohibit the computer from starting up but you never know.

Take it to a local repair shop where they might have a working battery for it and try with that.

Chances are your screen is dead, could also be motherboard, graphics card etc.

Does the machine turn on at all ? any life ? plug it into an external monitor and that will at least tell you your screen is gone. You should be able to pick one up on ebay cheap enough, if doing a diy repair. If not and it's too expensive to fix, I wouldn't bother.

I'd sell it for parts or someone else can fix it, just take a pic of it working hooked up to the external display.

Advertisement