Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of sign on dates

Options
  • 13-05-2013 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

When I last signed on I was told my next sign on day would be the 15th May (a Wednesday), but the date at the bottom of my post office slips says 14th May (Tuesday).

Should I go down to the Social Welfare office tomorrow or Wednesday?

Before signing on last time (it was my first time) the date was always a Wednesday, until the day before I was due to sign on, when the date on the post office slip changed to a Tuesday.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Go with the printed date on the slip.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thank you! I'll go down tomorrow - I guess it's better to be there a day early as I can always go down again on the Wednesday if I have to

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

and bring the slip with you for insurance purposes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭atkin

My signing week is changed quite regular . In the welfare office the next sign day is on a notice.
    The receipts show the same day until 1 week before then its changed to 1 week earlier .I got this month a text message to sign the next day and to ignore the receipt.I had my mobile switched off until the night before.I know this is an anti fraud measure but legitimate people can get caught . I hate the idea of going there being treated like a crook and have to grovel for payment .
    They also refuse back payments when you first make the application until its processed .When you make an appeal it takes 3 months and you have to wait for payment.
    ''Do unto others as they do unto you ''

Advertisement