Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Back to Education to Job Seekers Allowance

Options
  • 13-05-2013 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I need a bit of help. I was receiving job seekers allowance at the rate of €100 a week, as I am under 25 (I think that's the age when you receive the full allowance). I went to college this year, where I received the back to education allowance as I had been on the job seekers allowance for the required number of days to receive the back to education allowance. I received a rate of €188 on the back to education allowance.

I've tried to find employment over the Summer but to no success so far. I am just wondering, will my job seekers allowance over the Summer be €100 or €188? I plan on returning to college in September but I am still only 21 so I'm not sure what rate I will be receiving. Does anybody know?

Advertisement