Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work/home laptop

Options
  • 13-05-2013 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

So I'm taking up a new job after summer and I'll be using my laptop a lot there and at home, I'd like an upgrade.

Budget - About 800.

Intended use - A bit of everything. The most demanding use will be light gaming (Fifa, Total War, Sims), watching HD videos, and occasional photo editing. It will also be used for word processing, Skype, browsing the web, and watching streams.

Portability - Being light/thin would be a bonus, as I'll be carrying it twice a day possibly on public transport. But it's not hugely important.

Warranty - Not important.

Operating system - Windows 7 or 8.

I've noticed the following two which seem good;

Lenovo G780

Samsung 350E7C

Are there more/better options? Any reason to pick one of these over the other? Any reason not to order from Amazon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

The Samsung has a slightly faster processor and better graphics and weighs 2.8 kg. The Lenovo has a Bluray combo drive and weighs 4 kg.

They're desktop replacements (17.3"), not made with mobility in mind. No mentioning of the display resolution, I suppose, they're both 1600x900 (not full HD).

Advertisement