Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseekers allowance

Options
  • 13-05-2013 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi
    I have been on jobseekers benefit but this is running out and just got the JSA form this morning. There is a section about declaring savings, now I only have €1500 emergency fund in the credit union, should I declare it? I don't think it's enough to effect my claim but don't want to take the chance either just in case. Can they find out about this money if I don't tell them? We have 2 kids and another on the way and my husband doesn't make lots of money so I really need to get JSA. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

You can have up to €20,000 in savings before it effects a JSA claim.So declare it.

Advertisement