Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Worth coming back ?

Options
  • 13-05-2013 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭

Last time i was active i was in nullsec and lost 2x machariels ratting worth 5bn between them inside a week or 2 :(

Have a carrier and 3-4bn of assets and all t2 large guns on my pve character, just interested in porating or war decs and really wanna try out the new minny BC with the large weapon platform

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I never understand why people rat in big shiny ships in null space, just do it in an assault frig for shít sake :P

And if you want to try the "new" (they've been around for ages o_Ó) bc's why not give it a aul go ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

azezil wrote: »
    I never understand why people rat in big shiny ships in null space, just do it in an assault frig for shít sake :P

And if you want to try the "new" (they've been around for ages o_Ó) bc's why not give it a aul go ^_^

As a noob to this game (have about 50 days in the game) , whats best for "ratting" around?

I think what your saying is don't fly what you cant lose? and if you fly something expendable you wont mind losing it?

Are there any assault frig's you could recommend that have a bit of power to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

800m in 4-5h is why

Calhoun wrote: »
    As a noob to this game (have about 50 days in the game) , whats best for "ratting" around?

I think what your saying is don't fly what you cant lose? and if you fly something expendable you wont mind losing it?

Are there any assault frig's you could recommend that have a bit of power to them?

Ishkur is a great little ratting ship and imo one of the best lowsec pvp ships too

The Ishtar is a beast then, i used to do esculations in mine from speed ratting in my mach, nothing like seeing battleship rats worth 1.8m die in 4 volleys :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

800m in 4-5h is why

So that's a loss of 1.7bil when you loose your ship then? ;)

Where as with an Ishkur/ Enyo (I prefer Enyo), worth about 5mil you can make about 100mil in that same time. If you lose it (unlikely unless you're a dumbass :P ) you'd still make a profit! ;)

• Advertisement

So that's a loss of 1.7bil when you loose your ship then? ;)

Where as with an Ishkur/ Enyo (I prefer Enyo), worth about 5mil you can make about 100mil in that same time. If you lose it (unlikely unless you're a dumbass :P ) you'd still make a profit! ;)

Didn't lose 1st ship for 4-5 weeks only lost it because Pandemic Legion started to get people turning coat and pointing alliance members.

Paid for a dread+cruiser+fits and 3x 1 months subs twice over in that time and 4-5bn on sub capital ships so was worth it.

Ofc whe i lost it the people who were only able to rat half as fast as me in a carrier were the first to poke fun, faster and more fun my way (especially when being assisted by my alts fighters)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bylar Bear

Last time i was active i was in nullsec and lost 2x machariels ratting worth 5bn between them inside a week or 2

Have a carrier and 3-4bn of assets and all t2 large guns on my pve character, just interested in porating or war decs and really wanna try out the new minny BC with the large weapon platform

Even if you didn't lose those ships, no, the game is not worth coming back to. It is an abyss from which there is no escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Bylar Bear wrote: »
    Even if you didn't lose those ships, no, the game is not worth coming back to. It is an abyss from which there is no escape.

I want to get stuck in to that abyss again, but I am afraid. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Ralph M Noonan

Hell yeah, winter is coming and is gonna be complete clusterf**k.

Ccp are changing the way highsec works for pos's, turning marauders into " I can't believe it's not dread" and introduceing deployable troll units...if you're only Gona test the water, do it when Rubicon drops, you should at least be entertained.

Edit: just saw the date...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

gotten a hankering to resub lately myself - googled my character; last seen in 2006 :o I wonder if much has changed :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Wossack wrote: »
    gotten a hankering to resub lately myself - googled my character; last seen in 2006 :o I wonder if much has changed :p

Looks like a good for Boardsies have dusted off their EVE accounts! :D

Advertisement