Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will he loose his SUSI and Back to education if we get married?

Options
  • 13-05-2013 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Just wondering about what would happen to my partners back to education and SUSI grant if we got married? I work full time and have a fairly good salary but we are still living month to month with there only being one full income in the house. We always said we would get married some day and we are thinking we might do it next summer (small wedding on the cheap of course!) but now I am worried that if we are married it may affect his back to education allowance or even the SUSI grant for the college fee's. My partner has another 3 years to finish and there is no way we would be able to pay his college fee's without SUSI. We were means tested before he started college after he went onto unemployment allowance and they cut his dole from 188 down to 27! Any advice would be great!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,030 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

If you were both means tested already I don't think it is an issue unless there in a change in your income circumstances.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement