Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to education allowance

Options
  • 13-05-2013 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me,

I did a FETAC level 5 course back in 2008 and graduated in 2009. Since then I was unable to progress further and have been working since up until August of last year. I went onto Job Seekers Benefits in December and have been on it since.

I applied for IT in GTI and have been asked up for an interview next week and before I do this I wanted to be fully certain of the BTEA.

Though I have read through their website I'm having trouble fully understanding whether I qualify for the BTEA. I've already done a level 5 and will hopefully be doing a level 5 in GTI for something completely different and know it's what I want to do. Because I've already done a level 5 will this make me ineligible for BTEA? Without it I wouldn't be able to support myself through my year.

Also, what would be the best time to apply for the BTEA?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me,

I did a FETAC level 5 course back in 2008 and graduated in 2009. Since then I was unable to progress further and have been working since up until August of last year. I went onto Job Seekers Benefits in December and have been on it since.

I applied for IT in GTI and have been asked up for an interview next week and before I do this I wanted to be fully certain of the BTEA.

Though I have read through their website I'm having trouble fully understanding whether I qualify for the BTEA. I've already done a level 5 and will hopefully be doing a level 5 in GTI for something completely different and know it's what I want to do. Because I've already done a level 5 will this make me ineligible for BTEA? Without it I wouldn't be able to support myself through my year.

Also, what would be the best time to apply for the BTEA?

You won't be eligible, as you have to be progressing. At the least, you would have to do a Level 6 in order to be entitled :(
    Best time to apply is as soon as you know you will be attending college.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ParamoreBaby

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    You won't be eligible, as you have to be progressing. At the least, you would have to do a Level 6 in order to be entitled :(
    Best time to apply is as soon as you know you will be attending college.

That's what I thought. Thank you. :)

Advertisement