Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polyethylene bags for comic storage?

Options
  • 06-05-2013 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi - Forgive me in advance if I'm in the wrong forum to ask this question, but I'm looking for polyethylene bags to carefully store my comics, as well as use them for packing my crafts (I'm a crafter by trade) when I go to craft fairs and the like. I used to always buy them in Forbidden Planet, whenever I'd go up to Dublin (I'm way over west in Connacht), but they've gone up in price by quite a lot since I was last there.

So, my question is whether anyone can recommend or knows of any other comic book shops (in Dublin or closer to me) that sells these special clear and tough bags. Also, if anyone knows of any on-line shops that carry these polyethylene bags, that'd be even better.

Thanks in advance for any info you might have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭statomosh

you can get them in any comic shop.the big bang in dundrum are probably cheapest and they will post to you.you can email them at info@thebigbang.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭filmifan

Thanks so much for letting me know, statomosh. I've just emailed them and hopefully will hear back from them tomorrow. Wish there was a comic shop in Sligo or Mayo or Leitrim or even further up north in Donegal that I could just drive to and get them. But if the Big Bang does ship, that'd be brilliant. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭statomosh

they are very easy to deal with and do ship,they send me stuff all the time in limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

And to me in Carlow. Very easy to deal with and just great customer service. :D

Thanks for the info about the shop, and the fact that they ship. Still waiting to hear back from them - hopefully they'll have the bags/protectors in stock, and the shipping won't be too dear.

Go raibh maith agat, and enjoy the week ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've moved this question and the replies to a new thread to ensure that anyone else with the same question can find the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

filmifan wrote: »
    Thanks for the info about the shop, and the fact that they ship. Still waiting to hear back from them - hopefully they'll have the bags/protectors in stock, and the shipping won't be too dear.

Go raibh maith agat, and enjoy the week ahead.
    They only charge you what An post charge them for the postage, nothing more. :)

Thanks, Thwip! That sounds good to me. Can't wait to hear back from them...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheBigBang

Sorry, just saw this, we never received an email about this from you, do you want to resend it,

Cheers,

Thanks for letting me know. I'll re-send it in a couple of minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

anyone else have this teeny tiny problem? so i put my comics in the current size polyethylene bags with the current size backing boards and store them upright in the comic box. thats all fine. its just once they have been there for a good while and i come back to them, its like the middle collapses in a tiny bit if you get me. so if i pick it up and look at it, on the right hand side of the comics, you can see the second page running down the side past the cover like its pulling on the staples and slid out a bit. its like the middle of the book pulls on the staples and falls out past the cover where you can see it. i dont know if ive explained that very well, but does that just happen with everyones comics or am i storing them wrong? because its happening on them all

Advertisement