Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coding a PHP contact form (was re: WordPress)

Options
  • 11-05-2013 2:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42

Hello fellow Wordpressers. I am using Wordpress too. I have a little problem though at the moment and I am looking for a fix for it. I want to create a quick contact me form on the home page of a website. I don't necessarily want to use a plugin. I have set the form up in the html <form>action="process_form" method="post"</form> etc. I then want to create the process_form.php page when I create this page using a .php page from wordpress the form does not seem to be able to find the process_form.php page and I get an error Page Not Found 404 when the form is filled in and submitted. Any suggestions? I can PM people the site name and let you take a look at it if possible. Thanks Ben

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Why not use a plugin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

benbrown wrote: »
    form does not seem to be able to find the process_form.php page

Is your action="process_form" link correct? First check if it points correctly - add it to some text and then see if link works fine.
    Another thing is that usually process_form.php is only managing data sending and you should have one hidden input like that:

[FONT=tahoma, arial]<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="redirect" value="http://www.server.com/formsent.html&quot;>[/FONT]

to point user to website you want him to go after submit form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Make sure to activate Akismet, or you'll spend your whole life deleting spam comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,411 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

There's a load of reasons why a PHP form may not be working, you'll need to go through all the possibilities (or just use a plugin).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Post up the relevant code

• Advertisement
Advertisement