Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expanding UCD Science course?

Options
  • 12-05-2013 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

So a friend of a friend told me that UCD are offering more places in science this year, I was wondering whether anyone else has heard of this or whether that was just speculation? It would be great if it were true, since the points reaching 500+ is ridiculous...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

So a friend of a friend told me that UCD are offering more places in science this year, I was wondering whether anyone else has heard of this or whether that was just speculation? It would be great if it were true, since the points reaching 500+ is ridiculous...

When I was at the opening day theytd us that they were introducing more places, I'm not sure but I think they said they would be introducing about 50 more places.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

I'd say it's highly likely that UCD will offer more places for next year as the new science building should be done by then. It says there are 380 places as per the UCD website but I don't know if that's an increase on last year or not, or even if that is the allocation for next year.

However the number of 1st preferences has increased by almost 23% so to be perfectly honest I don't think you will see to much change from the 500+ points figure I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 anniehilate

Thanks guys, I'm hoping the extra places will stop the points going up too high... though 520 seems an accurate guess for this year >_<

Advertisement