Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starcraft II Tournament June B/H weekend

Options
  • 12-05-2013 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Don't understand why the organisers didn't announce this earlier but I know some of you guys have been itching to play some games together so here's your chance!

http://www.overclocker.ie/index.php/component/ohanah/mini-lan-bash?Itemid=289

It's happening on the June bank holiday weekend.

Here's what the event is all about:
    OVERCLOCKER.IE Gaming series 2013, a competitive video game tournament / BYOC LAN party. The event will take place at the Overclocker.ie Gaming Centre. The entire two days will be filled with non-stop gaming.

So we have set up our Mini Lan Bash, which will be on the June bank holiday Sunday/Monday. Starting at 3pm on Sunday the 2nd and finishing up at 6pm on the Monday. The ticket price for this event will be €20 and its a BYOP, we will also have PC's to rent aswell for the event.

There will be a number of Competitions for this event aswell as two new features our lan's will have from that date onwards.

Our Magazine will be released in June around the same time as our first mini lan, which will have features from our first lan (Lan Bash Spring).

Main tournaments:

4 vs 4 Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Tournament
    1 vs 1 Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne Tournament
    1 vs 1 FIFA 13 Tournament
    1 vs 1 Street fighter 4 Tournament

40 Person BYOC/ gaming console (XBOX &ps3) LAN Party
    •Entry Fee: €20 Per Seat
    •Doors open on Sunday, June 2nd at 15:00 pM.
    •LAN is open to both PC and console gamers. Attendees will have access •o the internet during the event.
    •LAN entry fee includes entrance into Main PC/Console tournaments & activities
    • All attendees must download and sign the Event Waiver. Please bring this to the LanBash.
    •The LANBash event is a BYOC event (Bring Your Own Computer / Console). Attendees will need to bring the following items to the event...
    •Computer with necessary cables (or video game console)
    •Monitor (Note: If your monitor is larger than 30 inches you will need to purchase 2 seats.)
    •Headset
    •Ethernet cable (at least 25 feet long - cat5, cat5e, or cat6)
    •Up to date software (Game CDs, Windows CD, Drivers, etc)
    •Sleeping bag / pillow (if you plan on staying at the venue)
    •Money for food & snacks.
    •Each seat in the LAN comes with 2 electrical outlets per person. Failure to abide by this rule will result in immediate removal from the event.

Overclocker LanBash activities and game servers include...
    •Minecraft LAN server (build, build, build).
    •Hardware Benchmarking Contest
    •Case Mod Contest (Most ridiculous looking case wins).

Keep in mind, free play activities occur throughout the entire duration of the BYOC LAN! You can discuss what games you'll be playing in the Overclocker.ie Forums. terms and conditions apply
    All participants must bring signed waivers to the event. Participants under the age of 18 will need to have a parent / guardian's signature as well Can be downloaded from our site.

Warcraft III was replaced with SC2 This makes me sad personally :P

640831284-mini%20lan%20bash.jpg

Open to everyone and anyone! Enjoy. Can't go myself as I've been called into work over that weekend but I hope it's a fun for everyone who does attend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭TheoBane

Lol to be honest, the tournament for warcraft 3 is still going ahead. just that the prize pool wont be as large as the sc2.

Its going to be non stop gaming at this event anyway dude to the amount of touranments we are having

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Are there still competitve Irish WC3 players? I thought I was one of the last to leave, as I was still playing almost right up to WoL BETA :O

Not really here in ireland, i do know that there are some international players competiting. Might see if i can find any international competitions for wc3.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

I was only about to point out that there is no SC2 until you pointed it out that WC3 was replaced.

We were going to have it at the last lan event, but i found out that there is no Lan feature and would require internet connection and while we do have two eircom lines that we use for the Lan. They were both around 6mb line's. But never fear, we are getting them both upgraded next week to two 70mb lines for our June Lan.

But ive recently saw on google that there is a added feature in a patch lately that has lan feature but still requires connection, im surprised to be honest that a game as competitive as this would not have Lan feature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NighTxX

Other than you posting that Warcraft 3 was replaced by Starcraft 2, is there any further details on Starcraft? is it going to be a tournament? Will there be a prize pool, is there a maximum amount of players etc?

Starcraft 2 Will be a main Tournament, We haven't decided which Starcraft 2 HOS or WOL. We will decide in the next few day's. Prize pool for the game is still undecided, will know by 22nd.

There is no Maximum of players.

We will have the schedule on the 22nd of this month, we are going to try and fit as much in for this Mini Lan while still having enough time.

Thanks :) , although I will let you know that literally no one plays WoL anymore :p

Well, that makes my job easier then :D

You'll have more angry people picking WoL XD

• Advertisement

That's Grand, We will go with HOS for the Lan.

If I was you I would try test out the "players near me feature" before the LAN, this requires two people to be signed into sc2 on the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Is there a prize pool for SC2? If so, what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 UntidyIntent

Great top see stuff like this in ireland! Nice one

Also is the SC2 tournament all skill levels or are they seperated?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Also is the SC2 tournament all skill levels or are they seperated?

No segregation I would imagine - not enough people to justify this. Not to mention people would cheat the system if it were League-based.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

There is a prize pool. All the specific details will be announced on May 22nd. My question, Theo, is what about people who don't want/cant compete? You say it's open for players and spectators alike. I'm probably going to have to work on the Monday because unfortunately money never sleeps and was just maybe going to show up to have a look around and chat with some old school WoL players. Is this possible or would I be charged? I'm talking like 1-2 hours max. Will probably buy a bar and a drink or something inside.

Edit: I doubt there would be any segregation. This is as much a social event as it is a competition. 20E for a weekend away with mates doing something you enjoy sounds like a bargain to me! You guys have been screaming for something like this since the LANs we organised back in Dublin. This is almost the same price and run professionally AND over 2 days! Should be good.

Yeah, wishful thinking really ;) that's my chance of fame shot down!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 WardyCfc

SWEET :P

There is a prize pool. All the specific details will be announced on May 22nd. My question, Theo, is what about people who don't want/cant compete? You say it's open for players and spectators alike. I'm probably going to have to work on the Monday because unfortunately money never sleeps and was just maybe going to show up to have a look around and chat with some old school WoL players. Is this possible or would I be charged? I'm talking like 1-2 hours max. Will probably buy a bar and a drink or something inside.

Edit: I doubt there would be any segregation. This is as much a social event as it is a competition. 20E for a weekend away with mates doing something you enjoy sounds like a bargain to me! You guys have been screaming for something like this since the LANs we organised back in Dublin. This is almost the same price and run professionally AND over 2 days! Should be good.

Of course you can visit, you can stay as long as you like if you want. We like visitors at our event's, we already converted a few people to LAN because of that lol.

There won't be any segregation as i don't think we will get that many people.

• Advertisement

Yeah, wishful thinking really ;) that's my chance of fame shot down!

Time for some platinum level cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GosuIrish

mad turnip wrote: »
    Time for some platinum level cheese

Some just tried 1base cannon them selves in and go voids vs me i should show you seems like your type of build ;)

GosuIrish wrote: »
    Some just tried 1base cannon them selves in and go voids vs me i should show you seems like your type of build ;)

Did they win?

Did they win?

they did not

GosuIrish wrote: »
    they did not

4gate it is so!

4gate it is so!

he didnt have ur void ray skills

Have the details been posted anywhere? (today is the 22nd)

NighTxX wrote: »
    Have the details been posted anywhere? (today is the 22nd)

all the info is here:

I'd say if your looking for more specifics you'll just have to show up on the day!

all the info is here:

I'd say if your looking for more specifics you'll just have to show up on the day!

Well did someone not say that specifics would be posted on the 22nd? Also i can't just "show up on the day" as i am not from the south

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Nuxy

Sick city

Advertisement