Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a legit music teacher.

Options
  • 12-05-2013 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey, I'm only in 5th year at the moment but I think my teacher is a bit bogus when it comes to knowing what to do for the leaving cert and how to teach it. I'm lucky that I have done high level theory exams so I already have a good musical knowledge but the rest of my class falling behind a lot! He tells us it is impossible to get over 27 marks in the composition part (given melody and develop). I would like if I could get another opinion on this and see what other teachers and students say. If you know any teacher that would correct a melody for me and I would then compare the marks to my teacher that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Claire1456

What instrument do you play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Hey, I'm only in 5th year at the moment but I think my teacher is a bit bogus when it comes to knowing what to do for the leaving cert and how to teach it. I'm lucky that I have done high level theory exams so I already have a good musical knowledge but the rest of my class falling behind a lot! He tells us it is impossible to get over 27 marks in the composition part (given melody and develop). I would like if I could get another opinion on this and see what other teachers and students say. If you know any teacher that would correct a melody for me and I would then compare the marks to my teacher that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Over 27 marks? That's just rubbish. Plenty of people get in the high 30s, but as far as all music goes, nothing is perfect and therefore 40/40 is never {well, maybe a few people have gotten it I don't honestly know} given out (you probably know that from your theory exams, not getting 15/15 for your composition pieces etc.)

I may not be a music teacher, but I did Music for LC last year and got an A1 (I have Grade 8 Theory done as well) so if you want to send any of your work via PM to me I can help correct it because I have done literally hundreds (probably into the thousands) of those type of questions throughout my years of studying music and composing was always my best question and I know all the things they are looking out for in the paper (and I can give you a template which works for melodies too). I unfortunately didn't get to see my composing paper script at LC script viewing but I'm nearly 100% I got in the high 90s in it (out of 100). Also, if you have any other queries about the course or need any help at all with any of it I'm more than happy to help, it really was the most enjoyable subject to study for and I have lots of tips and tricks, especially for the composing paper because the composing paper was practically the same as Grade 8 theory too.

But if anyone at all has any worries about LC Music at all PM me, I'll be more than happy to help! :)

Advertisement