Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Classic car

• 12-05-2013 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 canhefixit

I thinking of maybe getting a classic, I want something big engined maybe a 4x4 or something needing work were I could fix it up myself, something along those lines similar to what brewer does on wheeler dealer only it would be for my own use

Question I have is how do you identify a classic? As in is there a proper list so you know you it will qualify for classic insurance etc

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Alanstrainor

Moved to the classic cars section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,738 ✭✭✭✭ corktina

Hi OP , now you've been moved in here, read the stickie charter, loads of info in there for you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭ w124man

Brewer?

Wheeler Dealer?

What a total t**t! Gives classic cars a bad name that guy :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 794 georgefalls

w124man wrote: »
    Brewer?

Wheeler Dealer?

What a total t**t! Gives classic cars a bad name that guy :mad:

Aye, but Edd China's OK...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 636 canhefixit

TBH after seeing what car Brewer is going for I then forward it on to when Ed starts his mechanical magic!

Would really like a show were it was 100% Ed and not have to listen to Brewers sh!ttalk!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ SB6

canhefixit wrote: »
    I thinking of maybe getting a classic, I want something big engined maybe a 4x4 or something needing work were I could fix it up myself, something along those lines similar to what brewer does on wheeler dealer only it would be for my own use

Question I have is how do you identify a classic? As in is there a proper list so you know you it will qualify for classic insurance etc

Cheers

Sort of depends on what you want a classic for imo
    To me a classic is some thing that has a classic look, not taking into account the age at all.

In ireland tho i suppose going by insurance companies a classic can be anything older than 15 years old for some companies, yes 15. Other than insurance i dont think there is any other reason/purpose a person would get a 'classic' apart from the main reason - looks/feel etc??? my 2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ SB6

canhefixit wrote: »
    TBH after seeing what car Brewer is going for I then forward it on to when Ed starts his mechanical magic!

Would really like a show were it was 100% Ed and not have to listen to Brewers sh!ttalk!!!

Same;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 iverjohnston

You have to like it yourself, or you will quickly lose interest and end up selling it. To be honest, if you have to ask a forum what you like, you should wait till you see something that fires your imagination. You wouldn't ask us here to pick a girlfriend for you. would you? and expect to be together for years!

Personally, for a big engine classic, I would go for a Ford Bronco from the late 70's / early 80's, or a GMC truck (remember The Fall Guy?)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ ludeen

Hope this is the correct thread , could anyone give a ballpark value of a 1998 bmw 318is coupe no rust excellent driver .cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement