Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boys Helmet wanted

Options
  • 12-05-2013 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm looking for a blue/white faded mycro helmet,anyone have one the want to sell or know of best place to buy one,It's for a 11year old,

Cheers,

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hi,

Your local club should be able to get you 1, they might even get you 1 in the club colours and the club crest on it. Without that, all Sports shops will stock them and adverts.ie might be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Zippe

Clareman wrote: »
    Hi,

Your local club should be able to get you 1, they might even get you 1 in the club colours and the club crest on it. Without that, all Sports shops will stock them and adverts.ie might be able to help you out.

Hey,
    Thanks for the reply,I was just looking to see if anyone had a used one first before I buy a new one,the club don't get them they just told me look on line,I'll try adverts now and see,

Cheers zip,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That's silly from the Club, they can make money out of the sales.

It is,if the club was making a few quid it would not bother me,

Cheers zip,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭dzer2

County board will definitely have them they sell at cost for 40 euro.

• Advertisement

dzer2 wrote: »
    County board will definitely have them they sell at cost for 40 euro.

Hey,

I'm in mayo so I'll look into that and see if they have,that's a good price also,

Cheers zip,

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

If your based in cork call into the mycro factory in Balincollig. You'll pick one up for 20 or 30 quid below retail

Hey,
    One more question, what is the difference between mycro and azzurri Helmets ? They look the same,is it weight ?

Cheers zip,

Indie. wrote: »
    If your based in cork call into the mycro factory in Balincollig. You'll pick one up for 20 or 30 quid below retail

Hey,

I'm in co mayo,that would have been great,

Cheers,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

never buy a second hand helmet

faulty
    hygene

• Advertisement

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    never buy a second hand helmet

faulty
    hygene

Hey,
    I'm going to order a new one tomorrow,Good point,

Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭eigrod

That's silly from the Club, they can make money out of the sales.

While I agree that the club should be able to supply helmets, I'm not sure I agree that they should be trying to make money out of selling helmets for juvenile players (or hurleys etc). Hurling is an expensive sport for many families and the GAA and clubs should be making it easier for kids to afford to play it.

Most of the county boards of weaker counties in Hurling get subsides to supply helmets to juveniles I know even in Kilkenny buying through the club is way cheaper than in sports shops.

The club don't make money from the parents, they get a "kick back" from the supplier.

Also, as has been said, don't go for a second hand helmet and make sure whatever helmet you get is ISO certified, it might cost a little bit more but not only will it cover you for insurance but it could save a lot in medical expenses, as I've heard motor-cyclists say "if you've a €10 head get a €10 helmet"

The club don't make money from the parents, they get a "kick back" from the supplier.

Also, as has been said, don't go for a second hand helmet and make sure whatever helmet you get is ISO certified, it might cost a little bit more but not only will it cover you for insurance but it could save a lot in medical expenses, as I've heard motor-cyclists say "if you've a €10 head get a €10 helmet"

There is only 2 types that are recommended by the gaa just check out that the one you buy is covered under the club insurance I know the Mycro is one of the ones covered.

Hey,
    Thanks for the feedback,I have a new one ordered from mycro,I rang them this morning and saved €25/30 off the price,it cost me €50inc post so I'm happy with that,and got the colour he wanted,

Cheers zip,

Advertisement