Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone PREPAY on Meteor

Options
  • 12-05-2013 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey just looking into getting an iPhone - don't mind if it's 4, 4s or 5 but preferably 4/4s to save money and I prefer the size. Just wondering if it's available on Meteor for Prepay customers? I can't find any information on the website about iPhones except on Bill Pay. Any help appreciated, thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

personally. if it was me, Id look at buying a 4S second hand, you should pick one up for are €300 now and then look into one of the unlimited sim only deals from either emobile or tescomobile, both are excellent value,Also three have some very attractive payg deals to and 48months are probably worth looking into also.

I guess, what I am trying to say is, once you have the handset, there are some excellent deals out there. I may be wrong here but you'll expect the pay upwards of €579 for a 4S on pay as you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

I agree with Aquos.

If you don't mind buying second hand (which you shouldn't as there's plenty of iPhones for sale so you should have a good choice) I think that's the best option.

I sold a 4S a couple of weeks ago unlocked, in warranty and in brand new condition for €350.

Afair the networks basically sell locked iPhones close to the same price as an unlocked one from Apple so you'd be mad to buy one from Meteor. If you don't want to buy second hand you should look at buying SIM free as there's generally not much in the difference.

If buying second hand use adverts.ie and only buy from someone with good feedback there are too many threads on here everyweek saying help I think my iPhone is blacklisted what can I do.beware of it if its too good to be true it will be.As said above there are a lot of genuine people out there just be careful is all.once a year I sell mine that way and move on to the newer model.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

There's no point in buying a prepay iPhone from a network, you'll probably only save about €20 and the phone will be locked to that network. Either get one second hand or buy new from Apple direct.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mad suggestion, I know, but did you think of actually contacting Meteor and asking them??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

You can get iPhone RTG if you go into a meteor store.

TBi wrote: »
    You can get iPhone RTG if you go into a meteor store.

Yes you can, but it's not much cheaper and it's also locked to Meteor. So there's no point to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Karsini wrote: »
    Yes you can, but it's not much cheaper and it's also locked to Meteor. So there's no point to be honest.

Yup, no point. I always get mine direct from Apple.

Advertisement