Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Makeup Remover

• 12-05-2013 10:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for some recommendations for a good makeup remover.
    I can't seem to find one anywhere, only eye makeup remover. I just want a makeup remover that's specifically for my taking of my makeup and nothing else.
    At the moment I'm just using wipes to take off my makeup and then just washing my face with cleanser, then toner and moisturiser, but it doesn't remove my makeup completely and I know makeup wipes aren't too good for your skin.
    In the past I've used a foaming cleanser as a makeup remover, specifically one I got sent from friends in Belarus, but again I'm looking for specifically for taking off my makeup, and obviously it's not reasonable to get that cleanser sent over from Belarus everytime.
    I've been looking into Bioderma, and it looks pretty good. Anyone have any experience with it? Is it worth the hype?
    Any other recommendations much appreciated.
    Post edited by Ciarrai76 on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I've been using this one for a while now:

34zkb3o.jpg

It's really good. The liquid's in two parts; one to remove the makeup (blue liquid) and the cleansing water (clear liquid) and you shake the bottle to mix the two.

I find this really refreshing and gentle but don't let that trick you into thinking it's not tough enough to remove waterproof mascara, 'cos it removes it no problem.

You may need to use several cotton pads to really get all your makeup off, but you don't need much.

I think I paid €4.99 for it, which is the same price as a packet of facewipes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

fussyonion wrote: »
    I've been using this one for a while now:

34zkb3o.jpg

It's really good. The liquid's in two parts; one to remove the makeup (blue liquid) and the cleansing water (clear liquid) and you shake the bottle to mix the two.

I find this really refreshing and gentle but don't let that trick you into thinking it's not tough enough to remove waterproof mascara, 'cos it removes it no problem.

You may need to use several cotton pads to really get all your makeup off, but you don't need much.

I think I paid €4.99 for it, which is the same price as a packet of facewipes.

It looks great, Thanks! Where can you purchase it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

biohaiid wrote: »
    It looks great, Thanks! Where can you purchase it?

Tesco have it for €3.99!

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268066459

Bargain.

It's really nice OP, it removes makeup in an instant and leaves your skin feeling supersoft and refreshed.
    It's also gentle enough to use on the eyes to remove eyeshadow/eyeliner/mascara etc because there's no alcohol in it.

PS Bleh I don't think that link works.

Go to www.tesco.ie, hover your mouse over FRESH FOOD AND GROCERIES and then click HEALTH AND BEAUTY from the drop down list. Then in the search box, type in Garnier Simply Essentials and it will be the first product that pops up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

fussyonion wrote: »
    Tesco have it for €3.99!

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268066459

Bargain.

It's really nice OP, it removes makeup in an instant and leaves your skin feeling supersoft and refreshed.
    It's also gentle enough to use on the eyes to remove eyeshadow/eyeliner/mascara etc because there's no alcohol in it.

PS Bleh I don't think that link works.

Go to www.tesco.ie, hover your mouse over FRESH FOOD AND GROCERIES and then click HEALTH AND BEAUTY from the drop down list. Then in the search box, type in Garnier Simply Essentials and it will be the first product that pops up.

That link does work! Great bargain, I might go for it!

Does anyone know anything about the L'oreal 3 in 1 Micellar Solution?
    It seems to be similar to the bioderma one I was talking about ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I use an Estée Lauder one, it's a cream one and I find it excellent for removing even heavy makeup but I wouldn't use it around my eyes, as I find oil based is better for eye makeup removal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I use Ponds Cold cream. Its fantastic and it doesn't dry skin out. You would definitely need a toner after it though as it is very rich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

I use an Estée Lauder one, it's a cream one and I find it excellent for removing even heavy makeup but I wouldn't use it around my eyes, as I find oil based is better for eye makeup removal.

Plus one. I use a konjac sponge to take the cream off. Hate cotton pads to take makeup off so the sponge is perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

+ 1 for Ponds Cold Cream - takes make up off brilliantly (everything - face and eye!). I do a usual cleanse/moisturise after I take off my make up with this as I don't like the film it leaves on my skin but it is very moisturising. Plus, it's cheap and cheerful (I get mine in Boots - around €5!). Best product I have used for taking off make up, and I have tried A LOT of them, I always end up coming back to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I'd recommend a balm cleanser,REN do a great one also Darphin. For a cheaper option you could try soap & glory hot cloth cleanser. Do a double cleanse to get all the make up off. Bioderma is a favourite of make up artists but you need something better for your skin if your cleansing every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I use a Boots Witch Hazel & Tea Tree foaming cleanser. Has every scrap of make-up off in about 30 seconds, I love it. It's about €4.50 and is often on 3 for 2. I just follow up with the Aldi Q10 serum and I have to say, my skin has never been in better nick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I use Nip Fab facial oil - rub it in well for a minute or two, few drops of water on the fingers, more rubbing and a hot cloth to rinse off- amaze.

I only use a konjac sponge then in the mornings

nip1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

I swear by Ponds Cold Cream and then follow it with Clinique's Take The Day Off cleansing balm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 orla.mccormack

Filorga do a great range of skincare products

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 orla.mccormack

Or trilogy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement