Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Maths

Options
  • 12-05-2013 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Why is it that last year's project maths exam was phase 3 and this year it's phase 2?

I checked the 2012 paper 2 phase 3 and it looks a lot different to what I've been learning in school. Especially the one with the robot hand!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 robert12345

Sorry, it's actually phase 1 but my exam papers say it's phase 3. It's still totally different to the SEC 2013 sample paper. How am I supposed to prepare for this? There is only 2 of SEC exam papers. The sample papers that edco and educate.ie provide are to easy compared to these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Because of how it's being rolled out. LC this year is phase 2, everything but calculus. The initial 24 schools who piloted this scheme did phase one which just had probability, trig, geometry and stats, back in 2010 while everyone else in the country sat the old syllabus. Since then, these pilot schools have also sat phase 2 which is more includes algebra and number, and last year was phase 3 for the pilot schools, and included calculus. Differentiation and integration will be from the old syllabus, you can use examinations .ie for old questions, and everything else will be from samples and pilot school exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Undeadfred

Is the Paper 2 for Phase 1 and 3 the same as Phase 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

Undeadfred wrote: »
    Is the Paper 2 for Phase 1 and 3 the same as Phase 2?

At Higher level, paper 2 is the same for all the phases.

Advertisement