Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing 21 day notice account.

Options
  • 12-05-2013 6:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭

I wanted to close my 21 day notice account and transfer the balance to my other BOI account. How do I go about this and is it possible to transfer the money quicker than the 21 days?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Max Life,

You will need to request the account to be closed through your local branch by either dropping in or sending a written request.

If you are sending a written request, please include the account details of the account you wish to close and the account you wish the funds to be transferred to.

We cannot waive the 21 days notice as this is set out in the terms and conditions of your particular account.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭JamBur

Hi Max Life,

You will need to request the account to be closed through your local branch by either dropping in or sending a written request.

If you are sending a written request, please include the account details of the account you wish to close and the account you wish the funds to be transferred to.

We cannot waive the 21 days notice as this is set out in the terms and conditions of your particular account.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
    Linda
    Yes you can waive it, its at the managers discretion. It was waived for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

It is not common practice to waive the notice on a savings account and we cannot comment on your particular circumstance JamBur.

Thank you for contacting us.
    Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Thank you very much for your help.

Advertisement