Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting high input into Reaper from Emu 0202

Options
  • 11-05-2013 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, so I've a question about my setup. I use a emu 0202 usb into my laptop, then use reaper to record. Until now, I was using a win xp laptop with no problems, but tried things out on a win 7 laptop this evening. Now, the driver for the emu on win 7 is only a beta (I don't think Creative support the device on win 7) so I don't know if that's the issue.

The problem is that the signal from the emu into the win 7 laptop is really high, so that I have to turn the line in volume right down on the emu so I don't get clipping in Reaper. This means that when recording, you can hear the mix fine, but you can't really hear what you're recording at all, as it's turned down so much. For example, doing vocals, you can't hear the input at all through headphones, so to the tone deaf like myself, this is a problem! Every thing's fine on playback, because there's a nice healthy signal going in, but it's annoying to not be able to hear what you're playing.

Are there any simple settings I can change sample rate / sample format / audio buffers or anything else that could fix this? I'm a bit of a noob at this, so any help at all is welcome! (currently 24bit / 192kz / 8X1024 buffer, whatever that means!)

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Got it sorted. I ended up downloading 2 VST's that decrease the input signal. Not sure how exactly, but does the trick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

you might need to disable WINDOWS 7 system sounds - as it may be affecting volume levels .

Advertisement