Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect media player drive to network?

Options
  • 11-05-2013 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

I've been trying to get my Iomega Screenplay Director Media player to connect over Ethernet to my home network via my Technicolor TG582n gateway so that
    I can connect to it from my PC/laptops for streaming + transferring files, but its not working.

Whatever way the settings are The gateway does see that the drive is connected but my laptop doesn't see it as a network connected device or any other way.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what the settings on each device even should be... eg, ip, mask, gateway, dns shared connection device type, shared connection service.... etc

Anybody have any info on either the gateway or the drive outside of what it say in the user manuals (which is pretty minimal on both counts)?

(Im using windows 8 BTW)

Advertisement