Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I have Job Seekers Benefit?

Options
  • 11-05-2013 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Got a letter in the post yesterday that tells me how much I'm entitled to and to collect it on Wednesdays. I also got my temporary yellow card from the dole office. I got all of these before I handed in my final documents (which I did yesterday).

So can I simply walk into the post office on Wednesday and collect my money? I thought you have to "sign on"?

I just find it strange that I got all of these things before I handed in the final documents, though I did have to sign a disclaimer that I would hand them in within 7 days.

Very new to this and don't know the process, thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Yes, you can go to the Post Office on Wednesday and collect your money. Take the yellow temporary sign-on card with you as well as photo ID as the Post Office will ask to see it before payment.

You can ignore the disclaimer as you've already handed in the documents. Did you keep copies as well as a note reminding you when they were sent?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

I sent in copies and kept the originals, thanks! Looks like I can finally pay a few bills this week

Advertisement