Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend motor insurance company for people with claims in last 2 years

Options
  • 11-05-2013 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi all

Would gratefully appreciate some help on this

I am looking at buying a car and am coming up against issues trying to get quotes at all

My situation is that i am a 31 year old who until 2011 had a 10 year no claims bonus but then was had someone successfully bring a fraudulent claim against me saying that my car managed to give them a back injury even though i wasn't in the car - long story and my anger will come across so best not to talk anymore on it

Anyway - I was looking for an insurance quote for the car i am looking to buy to be told today by my existing insurance company that they are unwilling to quote me for the car as it is a higher insurance band and i have a claim within the last 4 years

I then asked them to give me details of the claim to be told that the b***t**d who made the claim managed to claim 10577 and i wasn't notified - again a whole other saga and the anger is spilling out as i type

Is there anyone out there that can recommend another insurance company that would be willing to insure me?

Any advice much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

First Ireland brokers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

newme2006 wrote: »

My situation is that i am a 31 year old who until 2011 had a 10 year no claims bonus but then was had someone successfully bring a fraudulent claim against me saying that my car managed to give them a back injury even though i wasn't in the car - long story and my anger will come across so best not to talk anymore on it
    Don't understand any of this but anyway, to answer your question, all you can do is call around and ask. Online checkers won't quote. Alternatively call brokers.

Was your NCB protected?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Try XS Direct. Their policy excess is as high as €3000 and there are no benefits but they will quote and allow you to rebuild your bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

xs direct or britton insurance are the best for high risk policies imo

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭booksale

Try XS Direct. Their policy excess is as high as €3000 and there are no benefits but they will quote and allow you to rebuild your bonus.

What does this policy excess mean? Can anyone explain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭booksale

Max Power1 wrote: »
    xs direct or britton insurance are the best for high risk policies imo

I got quote online from both and britton insurance gave me a cheaper quote.

It's much much cheaper than what my current insurance company quoted me (my current one is RSA through 123.ie). Million thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

booksale wrote: »
    What does this policy excess mean? Can anyone explain?

It means if there's a claim you pay the first 3k and they pay the rest

It means if there's a claim you pay the first 3k and they pay the rest

Of comprehensive claims only and not for third party surely?

(As in for claims you must pay for your own damage but not the damage to the other party?)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭newme2006

Thanks everyone for your replies
    All sorted now thanks to the recommendations on the board! :)

booksale wrote: »
    I got quote online from both and britton insurance gave me a cheaper quote.

It's much much cheaper than what my current insurance company quoted me (my current one is RSA through 123.ie). Million thanks.

Haha no bother... I heard of them through this forum too btw!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

THE LOWEST XS AT XSDIRECT IS NOW €1,000.

Do your homework people!

Sobanek wrote: »

Do your homework people!

Yes but they charge a lot more for that privilege! To the point of non-super cheap quotes anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Sobanek wrote: »

Do your homework people!

I sell XS diect policies so I have done my homework but as previously mentioned they charge you a fair whack to reduce the excess to €1000!

Advertisement