Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extreme?

Options
  • 11-05-2013 4:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭

This YouTube video has been posted in AH. I would like to get the opinions of Muslims of boards on this video. This is to try and get a better understanding of the religion and it's people.

Islam often doesn't get good press, especially since 9/11, and videos such as this will shape the view of many.

What are the opinions of the Muslims on here of the Muslims in this video?

Would and should Muslims actively challenge Muslims such as those in this video?

Challenge they way they in which they protest, such as saying "Death to UK" and "Death to UK Police"; challenge the way they interact with the girl, such as telling her she is walking around naked, or is going to hell; challenge that one man's opinion that they do not have to follow UK law.

I think that I have heard before from Muslims (on tv) that the Koran would expect Muslims to obey the laws of the land in which they are in; probably obviously as long as it doesn't go against anything in the Koran.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭booom

....again, the silence is deafening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

booom wrote: »
    ....again, the silence is deafening.
    The Muslim posters that usually post here haven't been very active for a while (on this forum at least), it's not like this forum hopping anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 rockygsd123

Can I just ask the OP do you think most if not all Muslims are really like these sicko's?
    Do you know any Muslims in real life that were with you in college/work? was any of them like this, these are mearly attention seeker's
    if they want sharia they should try to implement it in there own countries first.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 rockygsd123

btw I would speak out against these maniac's myself as they are damaging the reputation of us Muslims in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

Those are not representing all Muslims in Europe or UK...
    The majority of Muslims respect the laws in the countries they are in....they try to work and integrate in the community...and same as in any nation you will find a minority that will try to give a bad image...but the media always try to focus on those kind of Muslims...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 KerryIslamKIOS

murraykil wrote: »
    This YouTube video has been posted in AH. I would like to get the opinions of Muslims of boards on this video. This is to try and get a better understanding of the religion and it's people.

Islam often doesn't get good press, especially since 9/11, and videos such as this will shape the view of many.

Would and should Muslims actively challenge Muslims such as those in this video?

Challenge they way they in which they protest, such as saying "Death to UK" and "Death to UK Police"; challenge the way they interact with the girl, such as telling her she is walking around naked, or is going to hell; challenge that one man's opinion that they do not have to follow UK law.

I think that I have heard before from Muslims (on tv) that the Koran would expect Muslims to obey the laws of the land in which they are in; probably obviously as long as it doesn't go against anything in the Koran.

Been in UK myself, I can tell you very clearly that this guy is totally wrong who is telling this girl that she will go to hell . His name is "Anjum Chaudary" and he led a group of lunatics called " Al Muhajiroon". They are bunch of ignorant muslim as you can see in the video. Just like they judge that lady, similarly they judge fellow muslim too who oppose them. Real fact is that he has no following apart from these 50 people. You tube search this guy and you will laugh on his interpretations. He likes limelight and he is getting it by doing these kind of stunts.

Muslims are suppose to obey the law of the land esp the law which are allowing to worship freely etc like here in Ireland.

This video can tell you one thing what I use to tell to many of my non muslim friends that " dont look at the people (muslims) , look at the religion. Because if people are looking at muslim then it does not make any sense that Islam is one of the fastest growing religion in UK and US esp more than 75% females in UK.

Peace to you all .

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3500/islam-growing-religion-britain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭murraykil

Thanks for the feedback.
    Hundreds of Britons are converting to Islam every month. Many youngsters in prison are becoming attracted to Islam by the prospect of getting better food and superior treatment.

For these guys it's seems more a conversion of conveinence rather than belief.

As for the video and those that say it's the media that only shows this face of Islam, surely this is more reason for Muslims to come out and face these extremists down.

@rockygsd123 I know only a few Muslims at work and would not even know their religion if not for things like the fasting period and them not eating lunch comes up in conversation. I try not to talk about religion at work.

Thanks for the feedback.

For these guys it's seems more a conversion of conveinence rather than belief.

Can be true. Cant disagree.

As for the video and those that say it's the media that only shows this face of Islam, surely this is more reason for Muslims to come out and face these extremists down.

Agree, that's why these guys has been widely rejected all over UK. Most of the brits both Muslims and others knew this.

@rockygsd123 I know only a few Muslims at work and would not even know their religion if not for things like the fasting period and them not eating lunch comes up in conversation. I try not to talk about religion at work.

You are absolutely right. Most of my friends ask me various questions both as a joke and in real sense as they know me so well. Probably its more trust building relationship and time which will break down the barrier of hesitancy in future I guess. . :)

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

I don't know anything about you other than you are most likely not Muslim and seem to be of the false opinion that over a billion Muslims worldwide are a homogenous group. Anjem Choudary and his rabble of extremist, attention-seeking Salafists have virtually zero support whatsover - why should anyone who doesn't support them feel the need to apologise to you or anyone else for someone else's behaviour?

If you are Christian do you feel the need to apologise for Rios Montt's genocide in Guatemala?
    If you are Irish do you feel the need to apologise for the IRA's/UVF's terrorism?
    If you are a white-European do you feel the need to apologise for Breivik?
    If you are atheist do you feel the need to apologise for Timothy McVeigh?
    If you are Jewish do you feel the need for the Brutal occupation of Gaza?

etc...

I don't know anything about you other than you are most likely not Muslim and seem to be of the false opinion that over a billion Muslims worldwide are a homogenous group. Anjem Choudary and his rabble of extremist, attention-seeking Salafists have virtually zero support whatsover - why should anyone who doesn't support them feel the need to apologise to you or anyone else for someone else's behaviour?

If you are Christian do you feel the need to apologise for Rios Montt's genocide in Guatemala?
    If you are Irish do you feel the need to apologise for the IRA's/UVF's terrorism?
    If you are a white-European do you feel the need to apologise for Breivik?
    If you are atheist do you feel the need to apologise for Timothy McVeigh?
    If you are Jewish do you feel the need for the Brutal occupation of Gaza?

etc...

Mate, you might be surprised to know that many people in reality do not know about these bunch of lunatics ie Al Muhajiroon who are present in this video.

All I can say is that two wrong can not make one right. Who ever did something wrong on the name of faith is wrong and can not be justified by another example of wrong doing. All your examples are right to condemn plus this video clip as well.

peace to you all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

This video is like me going to an EDL march, making a video of them shouting anti-Muslim slogans, interview the most extreme person I can find, and claim they represents all English people. The video is a joke.

Advertisement