Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help...what next?

Options
  • 10-05-2013 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

hi all i really want to get my garden right this summer, got the area for lawn dug today but am not sure what to do next...any idea how much someone would charge to rake and sow it, there are lots of weeds and stones...thanks in advance for any help..pic attached

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭the2hurdys

sorry wont let me attach pic lawn approx 35m long by 25m wide

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Hort101

Do you want someone to sow it for you?? where are you based. I am a Horticulturist based in Wexford.

Hort101 wrote: »
    Do you want someone to sow it for you?? where are you based. I am a Horticulturist based in Wexford.

hi yes but also to prepare it for sowing its very lumpy and bumpy..in Tipp would love an approx quote ile try upload pic again

Id have to see it first to give a quote on it but i work for a big landscaper in wexford if its to big for myself to do. try get a pic up and ill let you know.

Heres a pic :-)

• Advertisement

Is this the total area?? What part of Tipp are you in??

Hort101 wrote: »
    Is this the total area?? What part of Tipp are you in??

ya thats all of it dont have exact measurements but roughly what i said 35mx25m im not too far from tipp town

Ok I will get back to you soon. Ill price it very reasonable but will have to include diesel money for the trip down.

Could you please end me your contact number when you get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭My Potatoes

the2hurdys wrote: »
    hi yes but also to prepare it for sowing its very lumpy and bumpy..in Tipp would love an approx quote ile try upload pic again

You'll need to removed those weeds by hand, then rotovate it. Then take action against new weeds growing. Then go about setting a lawn.

• Advertisement

I basically study plants and soil.. i work for a landscaper, which iv put in about 20/30 acres of lawn already with within 9 weeks. tell me this?? how do you control weeds before cultivating the ground again then sowing seed into the lawn.. which may only be 98% purity anyway.. :) Gasoron ~ G cant even work there because you will be upsetting the soil again therefore, breaking any seal formed by chemicals that would stop weed seeds from rising and germinating.. Its quite simple, grass dosent need a fine seed bed. we put in a back lawn 2 weeks ago with 9 wheel barrows of soil..... that is very, very little and the back lawn was not huge, yet it wasnt tiny :)

By the way, My Potatoes, im not causing a dispute im just saying people really think to much when putting in a lawn :)

what did you mean by take action against new weeds growing doh?? :) as in, using a residual herbicide after sowing??

Advertisement