Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

text received

Options
  • 10-05-2013 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

hi
    I am currently in mexico until tomorrow. I called to inform you prior to leaving
    I got the following text
    Please contact Bank of Ireland Visa Debit card security on 014885466 our office hours are 9-9 Mon-Fri, 9-5 Sat and Sun. Please quote ref: 13664171

I am not calling as its too expensive.can you tell me if my card is blocked and if so unblock it-all transactions online are correct

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

brightkane wrote: »
    hi
    I am currently in mexico until tomorrow. I called to inform you prior to leaving
    I got the following text
    Please contact Bank of Ireland Visa Debit card security on 014885466 our office hours are 9-9 Mon-Fri, 9-5 Sat and Sun. Please quote ref: 13664171

I am not calling as its too expensive.can you tell me if my card is blocked and if so unblock it-all transactions online are correct

They're not going to just take this post and unblock your card if it has been blocked..

The reason that you have to ring is to answer security questions to prove you are who you say you are.

Accepting a faceless and proof less post message on a message board is unsecure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi brightkane,

highgiant1985 is correct, for security we do not have account access in this department and cannot unblock a card. I have forwarded your message to our Visa Debit Security Dept to request they call you again. If you happen to miss their call, please do ring and a representative will be happy to look into this for you.

We hope the rest of your time in Mexico is safe and enjoyable.

Thank you
    Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi brightkane,

Apologies for my previous message, Visa Debit Security cannot find the call from the information in the text from security. They will not block your card but you would be best to speak to a representative at the first available opportunity to avoid any issues.

The number on the text is a correct Bank of Ireland number.

Apologies again.
    Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement