Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit card use in USA?

Options
  • 10-05-2013 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm going to America in June for a period of 3 months and am wondering about using my Visa Debit card over there initially while I get set up with an American bank account. I'm assuming it works at all card terminals, but what fees or limits are there associated with withdrawing money at ATMs?

Also, what fees/limits are associated with transferring money from an Irish BoI account to an American account?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Scar Tissue, 

Thanks for contacting us. 

A Visa Debit card can be used at point of sale and ATM's anywhere the Visa logo is displayed.
    The card can be widely used in America. 

Information on Visa Debit charges abroad can be found here

You can transfer to an American account on 365 Online. 
    For international payments, there is a total transaction limit of €12,000 (including international fees and charges). However for added security, payments to payees added using a security code sent to your mobile phone are subject to a working day limit of €3,000 (including international fees and charges).These limits are included in the €20.000 daily transaction limit per working day for total payments on 365 Online.

You can find information on international transaction charges here

I hope this helps. 

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement