Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lads camping holiday

Options
  • 10-05-2013 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm looking for some good wild camping locations for a group of roughly 10 people. They should be located around the South/South East/South West of Ireland. A campfire would be preferable and also i'd like to be a good distance from civilization as we are planning on playing music and having a few drinks. I've camped with a smaller group and we left no traces of our campsite. There should be room for a minimum of four, three-man-tents. Anything close to running water and a forest would be great.
    Thanks in advance for any help given. I'm hoping for the trip to take place early July if the weather permits.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

How do you leave no trace if you are lighting a camp fire for ten people ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

I can just imagine the mess!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭dartup

do you want a straight answer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

hmmm nice to see the high horse brigade are keeping well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭dartup

do you want a straight answer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Bad_Man_2013

If your not going to read the question properly then why bother answering? "A campfire would be preferable and also i'd like to be a good distance from civilization as we are planning on playing music and having a few drinks. I've camped with a smaller group and we left no traces of our campsite". "Preferable" means i would like a campfire but if i cant have it i'll still go camping. Dig a small hole big enough for a biscuit tin. Place the biscuit tin in the hole. Light your fire in the biscuit tin. Take biscuit tin home when finished. Fill in hole. Its not difficult has worked for me plenty of times. No ash, no black marks left on the ground and less chance of the fire spreading. I'm new to this site and it seems that it is full of unhelpful w*nk#rs!
    Any real help would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

I'm new to this site and it seems that it is full of unhelpful w*nk#rs!

That's the reality, unfortunately. There's some good eggs too though, thankfully! The fact that you've even referred to the 'leave no trace' ethics puts you ahead half the ignorant twats that set out for a camp, in my eyes, so I can't quite fathom the sh1tty vibes you've got from your request.

I've been outta the camping (and fun, in general!) game for a couple of years now but there's a place called Mannix Point in Kerry I'd highly recommend from a few years back.

Just found this link online, probably a bit formal-campsitey rather than the great outdoors for your liking, but it might give you some ideas -http://poloconghaile.com/10-best-cool-irish-campsites/

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No "where can a group of us find somewhere we can have a few drinks" threads per forum charter

Also no petty snipes

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement